In this blog post I will be discussing the importance of diet and how it affects my performance on the field. My diet stays the same for the most part throughout the week, on some days it is hard to fit in all of my meals either because of meetings or class. On an average day I eat around 6,000 calories and drink at least a gallon of water a day. Most of my calories come from carbohydrates and proteins, but mostly carbohydrates. The carbohydrates fuel me through the day especially whenever we have morning workouts. I also like to have a mix of fruits and vegetables with every meal so I can get my essential nutrients. Having this assortment of food helps my body recover faster throughout the week so I can feel my best on game days. On gamedays we eat at boozel before every game. I eat a very light meal containing mostly of carbohydrates. This allows me to not feel weighed down and keeps me energized for the whole game.
Honestly, this is really extensive and cool. I've never thought to put myself on a diet schedule, and it makes sense why your on this type of schedule. You have to be in tip top shape, and I'd assume you need to be healthy internally and externally. So, I'll use this information, and see if I can put myself on a diet schedule for my personal benefit.
ReplyDeleteJeff, this was a great blog. I was eating a lot of calories and consumed a lot of water when i was still playing football. My diet was mostly protein and carbs as well, so I was well energized and physically ready for practice. Food is very important for body recovery especially after a tough and physical day at practice. Great job on the blog!
ReplyDeleteThis was an interesting blog Jeff, I've always wondered how much footballers have to eat and drink in a day to sustain weight and energy as it being such a highly intense contact sport. Being strong is obviously very important as well so protein is a major macronutrient for you guys
ReplyDeleteJeff it was interesting to read what all you eat to keep your body goiung at the high level it has to, to compete at a high level of football. I see that you take in a lot of carbohydrates which is huge for a football athlete who is busy from sun up till sun down.
ReplyDeleteHey Jeff, this is a great blog! I agree that it is very important to prioritize your nutrition as an athlete. The difference in performance whenever you dont prioritize your nutrtion is substantial. Gaining strength and conditioning is very important within your sport and having a proper diet will help that.
ReplyDelete